Definition of what a vulnerable customer is:
a. Elderly individuals.
b. Customers with disabilities, including physical, sensory, cognitive, or mental health impairments.
c. Customers experiencing financial hardship or debt-related difficulties.
d. Customers with limited English proficiency or communication barriers.
e. Individuals identified as vulnerable by a recognized authority or social service agency.
What initial and ongoing training that staff receive around Vulnerable Customers:
All staff will have access to FCA guidance.
All staff are trained on customer vulnerability best practice plus ongoing training for all staff.
How a Vulnerable Customer is treated by the retailer.
When we identify a vulnerable customer, we will take steps to understand their individual needs and provide additional levels of support and assistance.
- Providing clear and easy to understand information.
- Giving extra time to make decisions.
- Offering them extra support services
- Seek confirmation that they understand information provided.
- Work with others including family or friends to provide support.
Monitoring our performance:
We will review our policy and procedures on a regular basis